This weekend (Saturday April 13th to Monday April 15th) the club that I am Vice President for (Student Association of Gaming) is holding a charity for the kids at Boston Children’s Hospital called Child’s Play! Since a huge majority of Tumblr doesn’t attend my MCPHS University, you are all wondering, if you took the time to read this, why I am even bothering posting here. That’s because the title is linked to a page to donate to our cause!
- What exactly are you doing? We’re raising money for the kids in Boston Children’s Hospital through a charity called Child’s Play so that they can have functioning, age-appropriate toys. It’s crucial to the development of children to have stimulating toys and games to get them to grow mentally and and acquire interests. Here’s a link to the charity’s MAIN website: [x] Here is the link to donate: [x]
- Why don’t they just play with their toys at home when they check out of the hospital? Well, unfortunately, some kids don’t get to go home. And even if they do, sometimes it won’t be for a while. Could you possibly imagine being in a hospital with few others kids and few working toys, if any at all? Life would be awful!
- How does this help in the long run? Those toys will allow those kids to have a better experience at the hospital. Although it’s unlikely you look forward to going to the emergency room, hopefully you don’t dread going to the point where you’d rather put your life in danger than going. If someone needs to go to the hospital, it’s important that they feel comfortable going. When kids have a more pleasurable experience there when they’re young, chances are they’ll be more likely to go when they’re older if they run into another problem (which we hope not but accidents do happen!). Also, you’ll become a better person for helping out some sickly kids, what’s better than that!?
- How much should you donate?Any amount helps! Even if it’s just a few cents! Our goal is $1,000 so reblog this a TON even if you don’t donate because that gets the word out and it’s still contributing to the cause!
- So come on, help us out! Even if you don’t click and donate, chances are someone else will! Our goal is $1,000 and so far we’re far from it. It’s for a super good cause and you’ll feel great about it.
You are all appreciated, even if you just stopped to read. (:
This is an example of what the kids will look like after you donate:
Here is the link again to donate towards our group!!!!